Year after year, French indie label Kitsune never fail to bring out the most wonderful compilations, normally full of barely known but incredibly talented up and coming French electro and indie artists. As a label, they are constantly evolving and progressing, and their latest output, ‘Kitsune America’, proves just that. For the first time, Kitsuné has compiled a quirky, eclectic selection of new US artists, from experimental house, to electro-pop, to indie bands.
Each track is immediately listenable and loveable, and each listen will restore your faith in the future of music.
From the compilation, this is Poindexter’s ‘Helpless’, my current fave, and reminiscent of Phoenix in a poppier and more current form.
I would strongly recommend A. Getting this album, and B. Looking up all previous Kitsune compilations. They are all, without exception, brilliant.
1000 cool points, every single year, probably forever.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- octopoots reblogged this from 1000coolpoints
- imagreatbowler reblogged this from sethcohenforpresident
- sethcohenforpresident reblogged this from 1000coolpoints
- sethcohenforpresident likes this
- analiamber reblogged this from boychic
- analiamber likes this
- boychic reblogged this from notyouraveragelover
- notyouraveragelover reblogged this from 1000coolpoints
- corduroypantalones likes this
- estellelemmler reblogged this from 1000coolpoints and added:
- 1000coolpoints posted this